Moto G Google Now Launcher.

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone here used the Google Now Launcher on the Moto G? I don't really like the stock launcher and was thinking to install this(I like to keep with Google/trusted apps, so I don't install much on my phone nor want to try out the other launchers).
Is it stable as the original launcher?

Will it be released for Moto G some day so I don't need to install it with the .apk?

Thanks,

colinps

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Can't see why not as most of the newer phones are pretty much the same under the hood. I tried the GNL but after a day went back to Nova as it is far more customizable and less crippled as far as I'm concerned. However, as is always the case YMMV.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You need a Nexus or GPE device. That said, I installed the Google Launcher APK on my MotoX and it works fine. It should do well on the Moto G as well. If it doesn't uninstall it.

Sent from my Moto X...

Nope. I have it on my Galaxy Note (1) and my wife's Galaxy S3. They both are rooted and have Kitkat/4.4.2

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I have it on my Galaxy Note (1) and my wife's Galaxy S3. They both are rooted and have Kitkat/4.4.2

I am talking about installing it directly from the Play Store. Accordingly only Nexus and GPEs can get it directly from the Play Store. The rest of us need the APK. am I incorrect?

Sent from my Moto X...

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am talking about installing it directly from the Play Store. Accordingly only Nexus and GPEs can get it directly from the Play Store. The rest of us need the APK. am I incorrect?

Sent from my Moto X...

That is why I stated from my original post. You need 4.4.2 Kitkat installed to get it from the Play Store. There are some non Nexus phones that are getting Kitkat now so it's no longer limited to Nexus/GPE devices

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
That is why I stated from my original post. You need 4.4.2 Kitkat installed to get it from the Play Store. There are some non Nexus phones that are getting Kitkat now so it's no longer limited to Nexus/GPE devices

OK. Its not available to my device as yet though. I am on 4.4.2. I doubt it is on the G.

Sent from my Moto X...

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Copied directly from the Play Store description:

"Available on Nexus or Google Play edition devices with Android 4.4 (KitKat)."

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't listen to this guy. It clearly is not available to download from the play store for non nexus/gpe devices. I used the apk method and it works great on my moto g.

Copy paste from the playstore about 2 minutes ago:
Google Now Launcher
Google Inc. - February 26, 2014
Tools
Install

Add to Wishlist
This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Just installed it. Seems to work fine, but don't really like the look it much, icons are too big. I also thought maybe you could change the lock screen and home screen wall papers.
Doesn't seem to have much options like the original launcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance