Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar problem

I always tell apps "no, you can't harvest my Facebook contacts", but somehow the Calendar did it. Now I have birthdays of Facebook "friends" that I don't even know set up as events on my calendar. Worse, I can't even get the calendar to let me delete them - even individually.

How can I stop Calendar from getting my contacts? How can I get rid of these unwanted "events" on my Calendar?

Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Calendar problem

I went into settings/apps. Calendar isn't even listed there!

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Have you tried on Account settings? There should be an option to sync contacts and calendar. Deselect Calendar if it's there.

If not, you can hide those events in Google Calendar or other calendar apps by choosing which accounts to show on their settings.
    dart4605 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Have you tried on Account settings? There should be an option to sync contacts and calendar. Deselect Calendar if it's there.

If not, you can hide those events in Google Calendar or other calendar apps by choosing which accounts to show on their settings.

Thanks,

I found the Facebook sync entry and unchecked it. The birthdays didn't disappear until I did the second thing you mentioned.

The "Sync apps with Facebook" account option has disappeared on my Galaxy S5. Any solutions?

EDIT: I just realized that S Voice needs to be enabled for this option to display.