Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Do You Edit Tags for MP3 Files on your External SD Card?

I have KitKat 4.4 on my Note 3. I'd like to edit tags on mp3 / FLAC files stored on my 64GB SD card.

Is there an easy way to get this done without rooting and using a PC?

Default Re: How Do You Edit Tags for MP3 Files on your External SD Card?

I would imagine any ID3 tag editor like MP3dit can do the job. Do a search on Google Play for "ID3" for more options.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I would imagine any ID3 tag editor like MP3dit can do the job. Do a search on Google Play for "ID3" for more options.
    Don't think they will be able to do that on KK due to the new "write permission restriction" for 3d party apps.

Skickat frn min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by osvanberg View Post
    Don't think they will be able to do that on KK due to the new "write permission restriction" for 3d party apps.

That's a good point, although I thought an app could have a specific permission to write to the external SD. Let me look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's a good point, although I thought an app could have a specific permission to write to the external SD. Let me look into it.
    Good thanks! Yeah, apps have write permission for their own folder on the extSdCard! That's it! So an Idtag app would only be able to write the files in a folder created by it self. Hence there will be a problem/not possible to modify mp3s in existing folders.

And how can it be fixed? Can you change folder permissions (if it's even possible) without rooting? My MP3 are all in a (default, I suppose) folder in the SD named "media". It worked more or less fine in my old phone, a Galaxy S2. For a few files I had to use iTag to fix some of the tags in the past, but now that I've moved to a S4, it's not working. Most of the files were already tagged correctly, but any new ones I've added since that have wrong tags can't be edited, either in PlayerPro or with iTag. In Player Pro it gives me a message "failed to edit tag" or something, but in iTag it seems that it's working and it's saved, but it's not.

I use PlayerPro as my main player.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

i think you need to PC to solve this problem

no other ways