Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default want to root S4 kitkat Verizon

Is there system to root the new update. I need to d freeze these useless apps they added.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: want to root S4 kitkat Verizon

what version firmware are you using? with my buddies GS4, I just did the CF-Root package and file dumped it via Odin 3.7. success.
    Galaxy S4 SGH-I337, Note 3 I9005, Tab 3 10 GT-P5210, Galaxy Express SGH-I437
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

4.4.2 on the i546

Posted via Android Central App

Have you checked in this forum: Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

The device won't let you hide or disable the apps you don't want or use?

Quote Originally Posted by hallux View Post
    Have you checked in this forum: Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

The device won't let you hide or disable the apps you don't want or use?
    Won't matter if u disable them samsung push will keep reinstating them, eating at ur data and ur battery. First off, force stop knox. Enable ur developer functions. If u don't know how to do that disregard anything I say after this.
    Root it with motochopper/odin3 (make sure it's the latest versions and the mdi(ap) match ur devices model) once u have root, and uv run root checker and have superuser installed and running. download titanium backup, u need to back up the app u want to remove. u can uninstall the bloatware(forever) but be careful what u remove tho, ur functions are built into some of those apps ie:removing samsung hub will stop ur screen's auto rotate functionality. Hence the back up. If ur .acore dies (contact sync that's bound into the Google apk) u'll get an error message that won't die and when u attempt to restart the device will probably soft brick. So keep an external copy of ur rom and ur caches(samsung kies3,works on pc. Mac etc) before u go hacking away at it.
    Should that happen or if it won't let u root and just throws u errors, don't reboot,restart into recovery and do a factory/cache wipe (u loose all personal info) and then restart into boot and try again. Good luck. And like hallux said, do ur research! Or the only person u will have to blame is urself