Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 Freezez

Hi
    After upgrading my note 3 to Kitkat, it's been freezing and the response has become slow. I use a screen lock with a password and now struggle to get to the unlock screen. This happens whenever I do not use the phone for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I often have to restart the phone to restore normal functioning. This is super frustrating!!! My phone worked like a charm before this LOUSY upgrade.

Are there any others here with similar experience? Can any one assist urgently? Or is there any way to revert to my previous firmware? I have had it.

Global Posts
    26,619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 Freezez

Quote Originally Posted by detoo View Post
    Hi
    After upgrading my note 3 to Kitkat, it's been freezing and the response has become slow. I use a screen lock with a password and now struggle to get to the unlock screen. This happens whenever I do not use the phone for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I often have to restart the phone to restore normal functioning. This is super frustrating!!! My phone worked like a charm before this LOUSY upgrade.

Are there any others here with similar experience? Can any one assist urgently? Or is there any way to revert to my previous firmware? I have had it.
    You can try clearing cache in recovery. Cached data from older ROM versions sometimes get in the way of newer updates and can cause similar issues you are describing.
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Quote Originally Posted by detoo View Post
    Hi

I'm sorry you are having so many issues now. There is no way to revert back to jelly bean. Google has made some significant changes with kit kat and I didn't like any of them. Maybe a factory reset with a cache wipe might help you with some of your issues but you might just have to deal with phone that isn't as good as before you upgraded it. I guess we shouldn't really call it an 'upgrade'.
    Thanked by:
    detoo 

Welcome to Android Central. I hope your problem gets resolved. I haven't received the KitKat upadte on my Verizon Note3 yet nor am I sure I want to update. Good Luck.