Galxaxy S5 remorse growing

carnut965

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Starting to have buyer's remorse on the S5/Android (4.4.2) move (coming off an Iphone4S). Here are my current major gripes: (all of which were non-issue on the Iphone)
1- Known bug for MS Exchange Calendar interoperability (see my post on this site)
2- Can't access S-Voice from Lockscreen
3- Can't access Google 'Voice' from Lockscreen
4- S-Voice 'voice wake-up' doesn't function reliably
5- S-Voice doesn't work over my car's bluetooth connection

Any advice/fix info welcomed....thanks

Cruzzer08

May 8, 2014
Visit site
S-voice from lock screen only works if you don't have security.. switch lockscreen security to swipe or none. Double tap home will then open svoice from lock screen.

Cruzzer08

May 8, 2014
Visit site
there is a problem with opening S-voice from headset (corded inline control) through lock screen.. This may also be an issue with bluetooth (I don't use one) While your screen is off, and you try to access voice control, the phone asks you for your preference of Google Search or S-Voice...
If you have no lock screen you can see the prompt box upon opening (for a split second before it disappears). Only solution I have is to go to application manager and "turn off" one or the other. I chose to turn off Google Search because I want S-voice to read me my text while the phone is locked and in my pocket

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Starting to have buyer's remorse on the S5/Android (4.4.2) move (coming off an Iphone4S). Here are my current major gripes: (all of which were non-issue on the Iphone)
1- Known bug for MS Exchange Calendar interoperability (see my post on this site)
2- Can't access S-Voice from Lockscreen
3- Can't access Google 'Voice' from Lockscreen
4- S-Voice 'voice wake-up' doesn't function reliably
5- S-Voice doesn't work over my car's bluetooth connection

Any advice/fix info welcomed....thanks

Where can I find the no 1 post info??

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9195 via Tapatalk

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
2, 3, 4 can all be done on a Moto X with the Motorola Touchless controls capability. 5 is a possibility also. All work with Exchange security policies active, though a different admin may be able to lock that out also they all work with MY company's Exchange security policies, it just prompts for the PIN to unlock the device (which CAN be voiced). For reading back texts, Motorola Assist should be able to do that, I just haven't configured it.

Not sure what the calendar issue is, I work as a contractor and my main calendar is done on a different Exchange server with access through an iPad so I don't use the Exchange calendar on my Moto X.

vgergo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You have to enable car mode on S5 for voice wake-up to work.

You can install the app S for Switch Voice Free to have Google Voice Search (ie Google Now) answer your commands.

You can have something similar to MotoX touchless control using the app Touchless Notifications Free which does handsfree notification announcement and has something like the new "What's up" feature on the Motorola.

sfsv+tn.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech