Play Music audio level lockscreen background?

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend at work who has a cheapie smartphone running vanilla Android and whenever he has his phone playing on the dock his lockscreen displays the audio levels behind the password prompt.
Audiophiles forgive me, I don't know the correct term for it, but it's all those little lines that go up for each frequency range. The treble side is on the left, bass is on the right.
The background is black, the levels thing is a light blue-ish color.
I know he uses Play Music and he has a Pattern Lock, but so far I haven't been able to replicate it on my phone.
My phone is a Galaxy S4 with 4.4.2 and the latest Play Music, swipe unlock, and a static picture as the background.
I see no options for the levels thing in Play Music nor in my lockscreen settings.
Is this something only in vanilla Android that Samsung tossed out?
I think it looks really cool; better than the square album artwork awkwardly cropped to fit a rectangular screen.

If this is something vanilla only, are there any good free equivalents in the Play Store you'd recommend?
How about compatibility with Rocket Player?
I'll start searching myself.
Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The "levels thing" is known to the educated world as an audio visualizer.
I have found some, but none perform like the one I saw.
I want to keep my lock screen background except for when audio is playing on the media stream (when the play and forward/reverse buttons and album art come up).
I want a visualizer instead of the album art.
Any help?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03