Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play store notifications

I've recently just switched over to Android after 5 years with Windows mobile & windows phone. Currently using the Sony Xperia Z1 compact on KitKat, and all is going great so far. But just one issue I am having with notifications from the play store. I have set apps to not auto-update themselves, but have chosen to be notified about updates in the system tray. Unfortunately, I dont seem to be receiving these notifications, even though when i click on 'my apps', I see several need updated.

Is this normal? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before the system notifies you of these updates?

Default Re: Play store notifications

I see that too. I have auto update on but there are times I'll open the Play Store and have 5 apps to update.

Yes, this is normal. Many updates pushed through the play store require user intervention before getting executed. Happens in most (won't say all, as I haven't used all) Android devices so nothing to worry about.

You at also have the Facebook issue! Sometimes logging out of Facebook will solve this issue! If you use it that is.

Posted via Android Central App

This happened with me a lot. Apps usually don't auto update until the network changes (ex. Connects to wifi or the phone reboots)

Posted via Android Central App