Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat Lock Screen question

Is there a way to swipe a text message notification on the lock screen to open that message like you could do in Jelly Bean? My messages show up, but when I swipe them, the lock screen slides over to a second page. I tried playing around with some of the lock screen settings, but couldn't figure anything out. Am I missing something completely obvious, or is this somehow not possible to do?

Brand new S4 received yesterday, stock OTA 4.4.2 pushed by Verizon about 5 minutes after my phone was activated. Thanks!

Edit: After playing a bit more, I found that if I swipe to the second lock screen page, then back, if I tap on the message notification it will open, but tapping before that yields nothing.

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Default Re: KitKat Lock Screen question

I don't know if you want to use an app to solve the problem, but I've found that Dynamic Notifications (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enotifications) works pretty well. You can swipe the lockscreen notification to open or dismiss, set what type of notifications you want to receive and do some customizations to the look.