samsung galaxy note 3 help

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello!! So I'm pretty new to android. I've had iPhones for most of my life. Androids are a completely different world. I've been blundering about, and not using my phone to its full potential. I know this is a VERY general question, but I was hoping/wondering if anyone had any advice for me.

Besides any tips and tricks any of yall may have, I had a few specific questions. What's your opinion on thinks like the Launcher app? Best security app? To mostly deter viruses I may incur surging the Web. And another. I recently switched to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I came from the Galaxy S4. My S4 actually broke. It still "works" meaning it turns on, and I can use the "hard buttons" but apparently I broke my "digitizer" and I also had a four digit pin on my phone. Has anyone had any experience switching things over after an issue like that? Or should I just give up on the entire endeavor?

Thank you so much for your help. Looking forward to being part of the community

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello!! So I'm pretty new to android. I've had iPhones for most of my life. Androids are a completely different world. I've been blundering about, and not using my phone to its full potential. I know this is a VERY general question, but I was hoping/wondering if anyone had any advice for me.

Besides any tips and tricks any of yall may have, I had a few specific questions. What's your opinion on thinks like the Launcher app? Best security app? To mostly deter viruses I may incur surging the Web. And another. I recently switched to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I came from the Galaxy S4. My S4 actually broke. It still "works" meaning it turns on, and I can use the "hard buttons" but apparently I broke my "digitizer" and I also had a four digit pin on my phone. Has anyone had any experience switching things over after an issue like that? Or should I just give up on the entire endeavor?

Thank you so much for your help. Looking forward to being part of the community

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to the forums.

Have you just tried plugging it into your PC and transfer files? I am not sure if the lock will hinder that.

As far as Antivirus apps, it is difficult to get a virus on Android as most PC virus programs don't really work, and Android asks permission to install everything. I am not saying don't get it, but don't be so fearful of getting a virus just yet. Good ones are Lookout and AVG. Both are free on Play.

As for Launchers, I use third party ones over stock. They give more options and allow much different setups over stock. I use Nova, and Action Launcher is popular.

Nova: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/299378-guide-nova-launcher.html
Action: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...15-guide-action-launcher-updated-1-9-0-a.html
The Action guide is a little dated, but for the most part, still accurate.

One last thing: Have you said hello to the rest of the community? Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781