4.4.2 on Verizon Galaxy Note 3

brookebe

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I got a notification on my phone to update to the latest software. I thought nothing of it and that there would probably be a few minor changes to my Note 3.
How I wished I had not updated my phone...
At first, I only recognized small changes to my phone such as the monochrome status bar at the top, the small change in font, Basic Visual Voice Mail (though someone told me this has apparently been out for a while, so I'm not sure why I only got it from the latest update.)... It wasn't until a bit later until I began to realize that my phone was more hot than usual as well as dying much faster. I tried to research into the problem through these forums and it seems that only the S4 was having this problem back in March when the update came out for it. Others with the updated Note 3 just mention problems (if they even have any) with their files and SD Card, which I wasn't entirely understanding and did not really look towards as much as the problem with my phone overheating and dying quickly.
Is anyone else having these similar problems with their Note 3 or know of any solutions? I know some people mentioned trying to clear the cache but I have tried that and it does not work. I would also like to try and stay away from the need of factory resetting.

darkmage619

May 9, 2014
Visit site
You are just the latest victim of the KitKat virus. It is the worst Android 'update' ever and it makes your phone demonstrably worse. I'm sorry for your loss. You will not be able to go back to Jelly Bean by the way.