4.4.2 Update Status - "Install deferred" message stuck after update completed

Coach Bill

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I performed 4.4.2 update (appears to be successful) a few days ago.

Initial attempt to download update stopped due to lost network connection. After restarting phone, the update downloaded and completed. Now, if I go into settings>About Phone>System Updates, message says "System Update Available" and Status - "Install deferred". If I tap "Select to continue with update", the message says "Your device's software is up to date".

Current Android Version shows 4.4.2
Current System Version 182.46.10.XT926

I have confirmed with Verizon that this is the current version.

Can anyone provide a way to clear these bogus messages that apparently got stuck when initial attempt to upgrade got hug up?

techiechic

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue.
Droid Maxx
Current Android Version 4.4
Current System Version 19.6.3

I click on System Updates.
Top selection says "System Update Available". I click on it. It says "Checking for available update. Please wait". Then after it checks, it pops up with "Your device's software is up to date". I click "OK" on the bottom of the screen, and it takes me back to the system updates page where it still says system update available.

Last system update information:
V 19.6.3.en.US
Install Deferred
Time: Saturday, May 17th, 2014 1:38pm

I've tried clearing app cache and system cache.

Anyone have any answers for this?

Furtherdo

Arifin Linda

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I performed 4.4.2 update (appears to be successful) a few days ago.

Initial attempt to download update stopped due to lost network connection. After restarting phone, the update downloaded and completed. Now, if I go into settings>About Phone>System Updates, message says "System Update Available" and Status - "Install deferred". If I tap "Select to continue with update", the message says "Your device's software is up to date".

Current Android Version shows 4.4.2
Current System Version 182.46.10.XT926

I have confirmed with Verizon that this is the current version.

Can anyone provide a way to clear these bogus messages that apparently got stuck when initial attempt to upgrade got hug up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21