Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

1 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Slow menus under 4.4?

Hi. I upgraded to 4.4 last night. Overall, it seems fine to me but one thing that annoys me is that the menus have slowed down. I'm not sure what it's called, but I'm referring to the menu that you can drag from the top of the screen (I'm using a Galaxy S3) by swiping your finger from the very top of the screen downwards. Has notifications and all the enable/disable icons for the various services. Used to be fast when I would swipe my finger down rapidly, now it lags. Wonder if there is any way to fix that, or if it's just part of 4.4?

I know, it's a piddling thing to whine about, but it just grates my nerves heh.

Default Re: Slow menus under 4.4?

Welcome to Android Central! That's called the notification shade. I don't have an S3, so I don't know if that's just how it's designed now, but you could try doing a system cache partition wipe, which can sometimes correct various issues. You won't lose any personal data: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.