Can't stop auto upload of pictures

pissedoffpaul

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a month old galaxy s4 and I can't get it to stop synching my pictures. I have it turned off through the g+ app but every time I take a new picture it goes the the "photos" app. I'm getting very frustrated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the photos are auto-uploading to Google+, or are they simply showing up in the Photos app? Remember that the Photos app is a gallery app that will display photos that are both in your Google+/Picasa cloud albums as well as photos that are stored locally.

And just to be sure, you turned off Auto-Upload by going to Google Settings>Google+>Auto Backup, right?

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Disable G+ like I did as it is a major battery hog. I upload my pictures I choose manually onto Drive.

pissedoffpaul

May 22, 2014
Visit site
How do I know which have been uploaded and which are just in the app? Is there an easy way to delete all of the photos that have been uploaded?

How do you disable the g+ app?

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Well first off, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on. Unless, urine to that.

Apps> All> Google+ click disable. Should be the end of that pesky old Google+.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You probably have to go to Google+ on your desktop browser, go to the Photos section, select Albums, and delete the Auto Backup album. I've never tried it myself, though.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!