Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Razr M Home Screen Error w/ 4.4.2 update

I'm on my second Droid Razr M with the same issue. When I do the 4.4.2 update, I get a "Home Screen Error". The first M, I sent back to VZW after some trouble shooting for a warranty phone as they didn't know anything about the issue.

The 2nd M I got, I did the update and tada! Same issue. I went in and cleared the data for the home screen and home screen config apps. Doing this, of course deleted all of the apps from my home screen but the error was gone. One by one, I throw the apps back on the home screen and everything is working well until I get to the stock SMS app. Throw that up there and I get the same error. As a work around, I decided to use the Hangouts app instead as my default SMS, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this same issue? Is there a fix? Is there a simple reason for this that I'm just missing???

Thanks!

Default Re: Droid Razr M Home Screen Error w/ 4.4.2 update

Does Hangouts show "ghost" texts that you don't have? Ever since the kit kat update messaging on my home screen says I have like 7 unread text messages but I do not have any and it drives me nuts. I've read tons of articles & forums & do not want to master reset nor go to hangouts buy will if it stops that problem on my droid RAZR m. Pls let me know. Thank you Tanya.

Posted via Android Central App