upgraded to KitKat, now pdanet won't connect

Jason Jensen1

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So, my phone automatically upgraded to 4.4.2, and now I can't get pdanet to work. The usb tether just gets stuck at connecting to phone. The Bluetooth will pair with the phone, but will not allow internet. My phone is a Maxx HD on Verizon's unlimited. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not even sure you can with your device. And it is not always the same method. So your going to have to research it to figure out if you can and then how. I never had to avoid paying for something so I have always went the legal easy way. I mean it is only $30 on your unlimited plan to go about this legally. Your soul will feel better when your not stealing.

Jason Jensen1

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not stealing when it's the same data I already pay for, regardless of method of use, so says the FCC. Thank you for the moral lesson.

On a different note, my options are quite limited. Looks like a root, or pay an outrageous fee for data that I already pay to use. My only other option will be to buy a new phone, which will most likely be the case.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not stealing when it's the same data I already pay for, regardless of method of use, so says the FCC. Thank you for the moral lesson.

On a different note, my options are quite limited. Looks like a root, or pay an outrageous fee for data that I already pay to use. My only other option will be to buy a new phone, which will most likely be the case.

You entered a contract on how you could use the data before the FCC ruling that excluded all contracts that were already active. So your contract is not part of this change sorry to inform you. So unless your willing to renegotiate your contract you can't legally just start violating it because you feel you can.

Conclusion: Your still committing contract fraud.