Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Error 0x80040000 message when trying to transfer files to PC

I downloaded about 10GB of media files onto my Android 5 today - all play fine on the phone it self without any issues. I attempted to move them from the phone to PC, but when ever I try playing them or moving them, I receive an error message: error 0x80040000: invalid oleverb structure.

I've tried Googling this, but I can't find anything specific to the Android. I can transfer much smaller files to and from the phone without any issues. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Unfortunately I don't have a home data package to transfer files via wifi...

Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Re: Error 0x80040000 message when trying to transfer files to PC

It's worth mentioning that I followed the instructions on this webpage but it didn't seem to fix the issue (ran the utility and did a Windows restore). I don't get it... I tried transferring the files onto my laptop and still had issues. I'd say the files were somehow corrupted when I downloaded them, but they play fine on my Nexus 5 so, it's just weird. Plus this error is Windows specific (some sort of registry problem) not a media file issue. *sigh*