Error 0x80040000 message when trying to transfer files to PC
I downloaded about 10GB of media files onto my Android 5 today - all play fine on the phone it self without any issues. I attempted to move them from the phone to PC, but when ever I try playing them or moving them, I receive an error message: error 0x80040000: invalid oleverb structure.
I've tried Googling this, but I can't find anything specific to the Android. I can transfer much smaller files to and from the phone without any issues. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Unfortunately I don't have a home data package to transfer files via wifi...
Re: Error 0x80040000 message when trying to transfer files to PC
It's worth mentioning that I followed the instructions on this webpage but it didn't seem to fix the issue (ran the utility and did a Windows restore). I don't get it... I tried transferring the files onto my laptop and still had issues. I'd say the files were somehow corrupted when I downloaded them, but they play fine on my Nexus 5 so, it's just weird. Plus this error is Windows specific (some sort of registry problem) not a media file issue. *sigh*
- 12-03-2014, 04:13 AM #3
- 06-04-2015, 06:54 AM #4
- By yfan in forum T-MobileReplies: 7Last Post: 07-24-2014, 08:56 PM
- By socal in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM
- By dannieboiz in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-26-2014, 07:52 AM
- By Jason Jensen1 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 5Last Post: 05-24-2014, 12:06 PM
- By BRATO92 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 0Last Post: 05-23-2014, 05:53 PM