No sounds post Kit Kat 4.4.2 update

Raquel Rocky Moreno

May 30, 2014
Visit site
After my Sam Gal Note 3 was updated I no longer get a text notification sound or sound for incoming calls regardless of the volume being turned on high. I've tried changing sounds, and can't even hear the quick preview play I used to get when deciding which sound to use. I also have another messaging app installed Hand cent , and now I also only have one choice of default messaging app. Before update I could use either messaging app now I can only use one or the other. I tried Uninstaller the app and still no success for sounds. Also noticed that when typing a made up abbreviated word and I tell it to ignore it and not spell check it'll still do it. So far have 3 issues no sounds for texts or incoming calls, can only have 1 messaging app, spell check doesn't always work. Of all 3 the one I want to fix the most is the sounds is issue. Hopefully someone might have an idea on how to fix it. Thank you.

Raquel Rocky Moreno

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I just did that and now my sounds are back. Well technically I turned off my device then pressed and held the power volume home keys then saw a screen warning me about installing custom os and followed the instructions on screen to press the volume up key and next screen was the android guy with a downloading message, I didn't wait I just rebooted phone again and sounds worked. So not technically the reset cache but it worked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, well good! I should've suggested the simple reboot in the first place, which is always a good place to start.