Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Raquel Rocky Moreno
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No sounds post Kit Kat 4.4.2 update

After my Sam Gal Note 3 was updated I no longer get a text notification sound or sound for incoming calls regardless of the volume being turned on high. I've tried changing sounds, and can't even hear the quick preview play I used to get when deciding which sound to use. I also have another messaging app installed Hand cent , and now I also only have one choice of default messaging app. Before update I could use either messaging app now I can only use one or the other. I tried Uninstaller the app and still no success for sounds. Also noticed that when typing a made up abbreviated word and I tell it to ignore it and not spell check it'll still do it. So far have 3 issues no sounds for texts or incoming calls, can only have 1 messaging app, spell check doesn't always work. Of all 3 the one I want to fix the most is the sounds is issue. Hopefully someone might have an idea on how to fix it. Thank you.

Default Re: No sounds post Kit Kat 4.4.2 update

Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you. I just did that and now my sounds are back. Well technically I turned off my device then pressed and held the power volume home keys then saw a screen warning me about installing custom os and followed the instructions on screen to press the volume up key and next screen was the android guy with a downloading message, I didn't wait I just rebooted phone again and sounds worked. So not technically the reset cache but it worked.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Oh, well good! I should've suggested the simple reboot in the first place, which is always a good place to start.