Bluetooth audio stuttering since KitKat

Jeff Allen1

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Droid RAZR MAXX HD and my music is stuttering something fierce (every two or three seconds) since the KitKat upgrade. I've tried unpairing and repairing, rebooting the phone, rebooting the car stereo, turning bluetooth on and off on both the source and target ... nothing seems to fix this.

tptshoe

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. It's really annoying!

If I turn off wi-fi it plays flawlessly. Sure would be nice to be able to keep wifi on, but this does help.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, and I'm still using 4.4.2. We use Bluetooth at work to show off some of the portable wireless speaker systems, and running Pandora or even my stock music app skips like a beeotch even though other folks right next to me can stream it fine. I am also the only one with an S5 on that side of the store. I thought maybe it had to do with the high quality audio option, but nothing I change in the settings wants to make it work. It just straightens out on certain days when it wants to.

Boom! From My S5

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My brother has the same problem with a Razr Maxx or HD (don't recall what he has) , he says it appears to be a CPU utilization issue. My Moto X stutters some when it's buffering Google Music initially but once it's buffered it works fine.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Here's a thought: when I run AnTuTu Benchmark on power saving mode, CPU is greatly reduced. Maybe we should try turning off power saving mode for the duration of the stream?

Boom! From My S5

mverive

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem with bluetooth skipping, so decided to see what was new that might be the culprit. Turns out that in Kit-Kat, there is a developer option called "Bluetooth HCI snoop log" that allows the device to capture all. Bluetooth HCL packets and save them to a file. Disabling this option made my Bluetooth skipping problems disappear completely.

If you don't already have Developer options enable, go to the "About device" setting, and rapidly tap the section for build number seven times until you see a message that you have enabled developer options. You can then go to the developer options section and disable the Bluetooth HCL snoop log.

Mike

Job Moret

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem with bluetooth skipping, so decided to see what was new that might be the culprit. Turns out that in Kit-Kat, there is a developer option called "Bluetooth HCI snoop log" that allows the device to capture all. Bluetooth HCL packets and save them to a file. Disabling this option made my Bluetooth skipping problems disappear completely.

If you don't already have Developer options enable, go to the "About device" setting, and rapidly tap the section for build number seven times until you see a message that you have enabled developer options. You can then go to the developer options section and disable the Bluetooth HCL snoop log.

Mike

I have a nexus 4 running cm11, but snoop log was already disabled and still got the stuttering. Enabling and disabling doesn't seem to help, and I can't think of anything else really..

Alamda

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Guuuuuyyyyyssss i gottt it!!!!!

Cbr songs wont lag. At any circumstaces!!!!

Repeat: Cbr songs are perfect!!!!

Just add cbr to all your music searches. Done guys. After weeks of despair. I finnaly got it.

Im a DJ.. And i understand a bit of programming, so.. I like investigating and i dont trust in anything.

Try itt you will feel sooo goooddd see ya