Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy [Q] Updating an unlocked T-mobile Note 3 with Kitkat.. Is it possible?? Please help!

Hey guys,

Saw a very good deal on ebay india, the seller is selling an unlocked version Note - 3 T-mobile (US), so it can work on Indian GSM carriers.
    Now, if you see the description: it mentions:
    "The OS Software is Unlocked to Work with all GSM SIMS.
    You are not supposed to Update the OS Software as Unlock code is applied to it"

2 quick questions:
    1) Can you help me understand what does the seller mean here? The device will obviously be running on JB, so i wont be able to update it to the officially released Kitkat? Will manually flashing a firmware from say Sammobile, revert the unlock code and make the device useless?
    2) Buying a US phone for Indian use.. Will i miss out on any features? or will it be a problem in any way??
    Please help me out guys

Default Re: [Q] Updating an unlocked T-mobile Note 3 with Kitkat.. Is it possible?? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by serious4321 View Post
    Hey guys,

Saw a very good deal on ebay india, the seller is selling an unlocked version Note - 3 T-mobile (US), so it can work on Indian GSM carriers.
    Now, if you see the description: it mentions:
    "The OS Software is Unlocked to Work with all GSM SIMS.
    You are not supposed to Update the OS Software as Unlock code is applied to it"

2 quick questions:
    1) Can you help me understand what does the seller mean here? The device will obviously be running on JB, so i wont be able to update it to the officially released Kitkat? Will manually flashing a firmware from say Sammobile, revert the unlock code and make the device useless?
    2) Buying a US phone for Indian use.. Will i miss out on any features? or will it be a problem in any way??
    Please help me out guys
    1. once unlocked the phone will not be locked again after flashing
    2. flashing a US firmware will not give an OTA update in india
    you need to flash Indian firmware for that
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer