Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy [Q] Updating an unlocked T-mobile Note 3 with Kitkat.. Is it possible?? Please help!

Hey guys,

Saw a very good deal on ebay india, the seller is selling an unlocked version Note - 3 T-mobile (US), so it can work on Indian GSM carriers.
    Now, if you see the description: it mentions:
    "The OS Software is Unlocked to Work with all GSM SIMS.
    You are not supposed to Update the OS Software as Unlock code is applied to it"

2 quick questions:
    1) Can you help me understand what does the seller mean here? The device will obviously be running on JB, so i wont be able to update it to the officially released Kitkat? Will manually flashing a firmware from say Sammobile, revert the unlock code and make the device useless?
    2) Buying a US phone for Indian use.. Will i miss out on any features? or will it be a problem in any way??
    Please help me out guys

Default Re: [Q] Updating an unlocked T-mobile Note 3 with Kitkat.. Is it possible?? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by serious4321 View Post
    Hey guys,

Saw a very good deal on ebay india, the seller is selling an unlocked version Note - 3 T-mobile (US), so it can work on Indian GSM carriers.
    Now, if you see the description: it mentions:
    "The OS Software is Unlocked to Work with all GSM SIMS.
    You are not supposed to Update the OS Software as Unlock code is applied to it"

2 quick questions:
    1) Can you help me understand what does the seller mean here? The device will obviously be running on JB, so i wont be able to update it to the officially released Kitkat? Will manually flashing a firmware from say Sammobile, revert the unlock code and make the device useless?
    2) Buying a US phone for Indian use.. Will i miss out on any features? or will it be a problem in any way??
    Please help me out guys
    1. once unlocked the phone will not be locked again after flashing
    2. flashing a US firmware will not give an OTA update in india
    you need to flash Indian firmware for that