Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xperia2995
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Forced Closes and Random Reboots?

Any one else notice more Random Reboots and Forced Closes since the upgrade to Kit Kat?

Running stock Kit Kat on both Moto X and Nexus 7 (2013). Both were stable as a rock on JB. Now random reboots about once a week. FC's or hanging apps about every 2 or 3 days with heavy to moderate use. Its like Gingerbread all over again. Love the updated features and look. Don't care to much about the SD card stuff. Just missing the rock solid stability of JB.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Forced Closes and Random Reboots?

Quote Originally Posted by adjr31 View Post
    Any one else notice more Random Reboots and Forced Closes since the upgrade to Kit Kat?

Running stock Kit Kat on both Moto X and Nexus 7 (2013). Both were stable as a rock on JB. Now random reboots about once a week. FC's or hanging apps about every 2 or 3 days with heavy to moderate use. Its like Gingerbread all over again. Love the updated features and look. Don't care to much about the SD card stuff. Just missing the rock solid stability of JB.

It also actually depends on many other factors. RAM eating apps, unstable versions etc.

Strange you said JB is stable, because I know many who would swear it was the most unstable version.
    I own a samsung grand that wont even respond when a phone call arrives and hangs about 2-3 times a day with atleast 1 reboot.
    Considering it kitkat is highly stable to me. While Ive heard my friends complain all day long about their updated S5.

I would say its not the OS, its the incompatability of the apps.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! I agree with xperia2995--KitKat has been rock-stable on my 2013 and 2012 N7, as well as my N5. It's always hard to pinpoint any app that might be causing instability--you'd essentially have to uninstall apps one by one and then see if random reboots occur, which is obviously pretty tedious.

Yeah, totally stable here on Nexus 7 2013 and LG G2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

My standard Kitkat on Nexus 7 2013 now random reboots every 1-2 days. So annoying. Kindle and RSS readers lose position.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried clearing the system cache partition? http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html