- 81 Posts
How to disable google apps in kitkat?
I read about many people complaing heavy battery drain
Due to GooglePlayServices.
Yes it is the culprit. According to my observation.
How do I disable these apps.
For many of google's apps, the disable button is un clickable !!
Google play services allows disable, but a threatening message comes up "If you disable an inbuilt app many of your apps will fail. All your data will be lost"
Has anyone faced problems after dissabling GooglePlayServices.
Has your battery drain stopped?
Or has your phone become more unstable?
- 06-02-2014, 10:31 AM #2
- 06-03-2014, 03:13 AM #3
- 122 Posts
Re: How to disable google apps in kitkat?
The newest Play Services update was causing wakelock battery drain on both my Nexus 5 and Note 10.1. Don't force stop or disable Play Services since major apps rely on it and you could have issues. Try restarting your phone a few times; that helped my battery life. It's definitely annoying, I know.
Sent from my Note 10.1 via Android Central App
- 06-04-2014, 10:50 AM #5
- 06-05-2014, 09:46 PM #6
- By Natosc in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 21Last Post: 06-16-2014, 08:28 PM
- By Lions2 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 6Last Post: 06-02-2014, 05:50 PM
- By Closingracer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 06-02-2014, 03:12 AM
- By THEPRFCT10 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2014, 01:46 AM
- By Clarke B in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 06-01-2014, 05:30 PM