Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhenthorn01
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4.3 any funny business

Just curious if ppl are having problems now that Nexus images are out

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 or Samsung galaxy S5

Default Re: 4.4.3 any funny business

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy97 View Post
    Just curious if ppl are having problems now that Nexus images are out

I think it's a bit too early yet..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ya but some ppl pulled the image

OK guys, I flashed my Nexus 5 today with the 4.4.3 factory image. Everything went smooth, but now I am experiencing random shut downs. It happened 4 times. I never had these issues before, so its not hardware. I am running clean, stock android, no custom launchers and I am not rooted. My bootloader is unlocked. However, setup did recover/reinstall all my apps so one of them might be causing the issue. Anyone else having the same issue?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I haven't flashed mine I'm waiting for the ota can you get into fastboot or adb

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 or iPhone 5

I waited for the OTA for my Nexus 4 (stock android), it's currently been "Installing System Update" for around 1.5 hours now, guess that's what you may refer to as funny business?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Yea, so I waited for the OTA and it took very long to install. Almost an hour. After it was finished, my Nexus 4 will not turn on. It responds to restarts using the hard buttons, but it will not go past the Google screen. When the Nexus color wheel animation is supposed to show, the screen just goes blank. Been stuck like this for a while now. I kept my phone stock. No rooting or ROMs. I don't understand what happened

The update has been looping the status bar on "Installing system update..." for 3 hours

The bar completes, the screen flashes off then back on and the bar starts back at the beginning.

Scary. This is OTA on a Nexus 4 from Google Play

I just turned it off and back-on while it was doing that.
    It went back to "Installing system update..." then moved on to optimizing apps. Progress!
    Thanked by 3:
    pitavRKRCtsangcym 
    RKRC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jhenthorn01 View Post
    I just turned it off and back-on while it was doing that.
    It went back to "Installing system update..." then moved on to optimizing apps. Progress!
    I'm having the same problem. I'll try what you said. Thanks

I just did that and it worked!
    It was stuck on Installing System Update for the past 2 hours.
    Insane that this was the solution.
    I made an account just to confirm this!

Quote Originally Posted by benurd View Post
    Yea, so I waited for the OTA and it took very long to install. Almost an hour. After it was finished, my Nexus 4 will not turn on. It responds to restarts using the hard buttons, but it will not go past the Google screen. When the Nexus color wheel animation is supposed to show, the screen just goes blank. Been stuck like this for a while now. I kept my phone stock. No rooting or ROMs. I don't understand what happened
    I have the exact same issue and my phone is stock as well, no Rooting or ROMs. I just tried to install 4.4.3 OTA and at the end of the installation process I got an error, I tried restarting but ever since my phone just goes blank after the Google screen. Since then, I've tried wiping the cache partition and a factory reset/data wipe (done all this through the screen with the green robot) but nothing has really helped. A few people have suggested using the Nexus Root Toolkit or flashing factory images, but the thing is, my USB debugging is not enabled, I don't think and so drivers when connecting to a PC seem to be an issue so I don't know how I would go about trying to get this phone started again!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Hey guy, my nexus 5 can't get H+ after an update E, 3G, H and LTE only..most of time I'm running 3G mode with H+ but now can't get H+ anymore im on D821 model with KOT49H before, any idea?

Posted via Android Central App

Just got the OTA update on my N5 and no funny business so far. On the contrary, the update has fixed the annoying issue where the throughput was locked at only 54 mbps on wireless-N. Play Services also doesn't seem to be running as aggressively as before in the background.

Sent from my Note 10.1 via Android Central App