Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Notification Icon on HTC One M8. What does it mean?

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I looked around the forum for a bit and could not find anything on this particular notification icon. It is the icon in between the Pandora icon and the headset icon.

New Notification Icon on HTC One M8. What does it mean?-iconscreenshotwitharrow.jpg

I have no clue what it means or what it is there for. I've looked in the user manual for my phone (HTC One M8) and haven't been able to figure it out. I know it is isn't a GPS icon because that was my first thought but the GPS icon on these phones looks quite different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: New Notification Icon on HTC One M8. What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by HouseDog1 View Post
    Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I looked around the forum for a bit and could not find anything on this particular notification icon. It is the icon in between the Pandora icon and the headset icon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IconScreenshotWithArrow.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	269.7 KB 
ID:	121230

I have no clue what it means or what it is there for. I've looked in the user manual for my phone (HTC One M8) and haven't been able to figure it out. I know it is isn't a GPS icon because that was my first thought but the GPS icon on these phones looks quite different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Thats the symbol for BoomSound. It appears when playing music or sound through videos. Hope this helps
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Awesome, thank you sir!

I'm trying to find out what the 5th icon from the left means? Can someone help? Thanks in advance!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It's the NFC indication icon. If you turn off NFC in your settings it'll go away.

Legend! Thank you! It was killing me, not finding the answer. Thanks so much!