Secure Vault/Lock for Images

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
There are a large mass of individuals screaming over Android 4.2.2 through to 4.4.2 in regards to Vaults etc. not working- take Audio Manager, Stock Vault and NQ Vault for example. I have looked, re-looked and then re-re-re-looked into the matter. Whilst I store a lot of personal documents on my phone it also doubles as my work phone. In saying this, I do want personal photos to be..uh, well personal. Rooting is not an option. I want to find an application that can run Android 4.4.2 and have the capability to 'secure' my files- if not documents that's easily enough done, but photos of the least.

Has anyone found an app that still has the capability to perform the above mentioned?

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
'File locker' still works. Very simple app.
Only one problem though, it can lock files onli in internal memory.
Thus if you want to lock SD card files,

Move to phone mem
Lock
Move back to SD card

Manually ofcourse, thank you kitkat !

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
'File locker' still works. Very simple app.
Only one problem though, it can lock files onli in internal memory.
Thus if you want to lock SD card files,

Move to phone mem
Lock
Move back to SD card

Manually ofcourse, thank you kitkat !

I have reviewed the 'reviews' and note that everyone is saying that File Locker does not work with the newest update (Android I gather).

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have reviewed the 'reviews' and note that everyone is saying that File Locker does not work with the newest update (Android I gather).

Dude, I use it on 4.4.2
It works if you follow the above steps.
Whats the harm? Try it out. Just a few KB.
Use some dummy pics before you use your originals.

Anyway dont expect the old gallery locks to work with kitkat. They simply wont allow it unless its in phone memory

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
xperia, I am using File Locker and it does work- few hickups here and there with the unlock & view but yes, it works. I have only internal memory anyway, so I may try the other applicants also.

Yatezy

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Just for reference mainly but if you add the file .nomedia to the file you want private it won't show up in your gallery.

Or, the method I use, change the file name of your private folder by putting a dot (.) in front of it. For instance the file Naked Pics becomes .Naked Pics.

tbone2000

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yatezy, thanks for the recommendation and you are correct that if you put a "." in front of the file name then the files no longer show up in the Video App etc., however, the folder doesn't show up anymore in file apps either except on my PC. Is there an app I can use on the phone that will show the folder, and I presume the file names, that start with a "."?