Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kidlockatong
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Default Blank page on Chrome

Anyone else noticing that since the latest Chrome updates you open a web page and all you get is a blank page? I have been having this happen a lot lately since the last update(s) Also it doesn't seem to matter which brand phone, it's happening on HTC One, LG Optimus GPro, and Sony Xperia Z1.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    21,659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Blank page on Chrome

I did, but I am running a custom ROM on my M8, so I thought it was the ROM. I use the other browser when it happens. Hopefully, Chrome will be updated soon. Google usually pushes updates on Wednesdays.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    PAC757 
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

same problem here, I had to roll back to earlier version

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

This has been happening on my Moto X. However, when I get a blank screen, then tap 'settings', then go back to the screen, my page opens up. Weird, and annoying.

Yes, I've been seeing the same thing, since the update before the last one (5/28). Pretty sure about the timing. Tried switching to the latest Beta, to see if it had the same problem. It does. I got so annoyed, I switched over to the 4.4 stock browser, and found that it's about 30% faster, and very stable. This is the second time I've had a show-stopping issue with Chrome since Jan. Have given up on them, until they can get their act together again. Am using an HTC One m7.
    Last edited by kidlockatong; 06-03-2014 at 09:14 PM.
    PAC757 likes this.

Yeah, it's a thing. Fortunately it only seems to happen when I first open the browser, and it's fixed by closing the tab and opening a new one, so it hasn't been a huge deal to me yet. Still, it's something that absolutely needs to be fixed.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kidlockatong View Post
    Yes, I've been seeing the same thing, since the update before the last one (5/28). Pretty sure about the timing..
    Yup, that was the update that started the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    Yeah, it's a thing. Fortunately it only seems to happen when I first open the browser, and it's fixed by closing the tab and opening a new one, so it hasn't been a huge deal to me yet. Still, it's something that absolutely needs to be fixed.
    That's what I had to do as well. Anyway, if you can roll back far enough to get rid of the last 2 updates like I did you should be good to go
    Thanked by: