Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is OK Google Working in 4.4.3 Update for Nexus 5 ???

Hi Guys

I have updated my Nexus 5 to 4.4.3. Ok Google is not working after update happened. Is any one facing same issue?? I am not sure wheather this is happened because of 4.4.3 update or any other source. I have last used OK Google 3 days back.. Any suggestions ??

Default Re: Is OK Google Working in 4.4.3 Update for Nexus 5 ???

Welcome to Android Central! Try the following:

1. Go to Google Settings>Search & Now>Voice>"Ok Google hotword detection, and make sure it's turned On.
    2. If it's already on, then try rebooting the phone.
    3. If it still doesn't work, try clearing the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Be aware that the process can take up to 10 minutes, so just let it run its course. [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaitanya Kumar2 View Post
    Hi Guys

I have updated my Nexus 5 to 4.4.3. Ok Google is not working after update happened. Is any one facing same issue?? I am not sure wheather this is happened because of 4.4.3 update or any other source. I have last used OK Google 3 days back.. Any suggestions ??
    Same issue.. tried uninstalling google updates but no luck.. the hotword detection option is not there in the google settings anymore after the kitkat update
    It used to be there to turn on or off OK GOOGLE .. :/ missing it big time

Quote Originally Posted by shinh01 View Post
    Same issue.. tried uninstalling google updates but no luck.. the hotword detection option is not there in the google settings anymore after the kitkat update
    It used to be there to turn on or off OK GOOGLE .. :/ missing it big time
    Welcome to Android Central! You don't see hotword detection in the Google Settings>Search & Now>Voice menu? I see it in my Nexus 5 running 4.4.3.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

I just did the OTA to 4.4.3 Build KTU84M today and OK Google is working fine.
    Living in Puerto Vallarta with my wife and our 5 Kids, Atrix 4G, N4, N5, N7, N10 and a recently adopted MK908B.
    www.romamexico.com