Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now Card Question

Google Now has been showing a lot of Samsung Galaxy cards lately. When I was switching from Sprint to Verizon, I did a lot of searching to decide if I wanted to stay with a Samsung phone or get a different one. Now that I have a Motorola Droid Maxx, I'd like to know how get Google Now to stop showing Galaxy related cards.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google Now Card Question

Scroll to the bottom in Google Now and press the wand icon. You can customize all of your cards from there. Alternatively, jut hit the overflow button on the offending card (the three vertical dots in the upper right corner) and answer the questions.

Global Posts
    11,953 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

You can edit your Google account info here: https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard, specifically on this page: https://history.google.com/history/edit

Removing the Samsung related stuff ought to have the requisite effect and you can also edit what ads (not directly related, but some people searching for your answer could want this one too) are shown to you by specifying interests here: Ads Settings
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@Darth Spock I've checked out both links for my Google account settings, but am not seeing anything related to Google Now. I'll go into the cards and see about dismissing the Samsung cards.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have swiped the Samsung card, but it would have been great if I could have replaced it with the phone model I currently have. Maybe if I start searching Google for information on my phone, I'll get a card that is relavent.

Global Posts
    11,953 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    @Darth Spock I've checked out both links for my Google account settings, but am not seeing anything related to Google Now. I'll go into the cards and see about dismissing the Samsung cards.

Google now is related to search history. It won't say Google now, just things you've searched for.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.