Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default security storage killing battery help!

Hello guys!

I just got ms samsung galaxy s5 alnost 2 weeks ago and the battery didnt hold more than 12 or 8 hr. So I researched. People praise this phone's battery, but mine just wasnt working as they described. So I found I got a huge 20% battery drainage in 45 min from "security storage" and it lasts like 6hr. I can unninstall this in all in one toolbox but if its system program I fear my phone will stop working. So anyone please please help. I force stopped it but it comes back to crazy eating. Anyone knows what it is or you have it and can I remove it or from what program it is? Thanks a lot

Global Posts
    21,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: security storage killing battery help!

Quote Originally Posted by xxstranger View Post
    Hello guys!

I just got ms samsung galaxy s5 alnost 2 weeks ago and the battery didnt hold more than 12 or 8 hr. So I researched. People praise this phone's battery, but mine just wasnt working as they described. So I found I got a huge 20% battery drainage in 45 min from "security storage" and it lasts like 6hr. I can unninstall this in all in one toolbox but if its system program I fear my phone will stop working. So anyone please please help. I force stopped it but it comes back to crazy eating. Anyone knows what it is or you have it and can I remove it or from what program it is? Thanks a lot
    Welcome to the forums.
    Offhand, the only thing I can think of to try is a cache clear in recovery. This should work for the S5: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Follow instructions for the S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

No harm.
    Try disabling it. If problems crop up, re enable. Simple.
    The trial may help you.
    Anything not in the OS, is not vital
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Xperia there isnt an option to disable it. Only force close and then the force close stays gray as if it closed but I see in All in one toolbox its back again. How u meant anythingt not the os is not vital? I cant know if its from os. Thats what id want to know if I can uninstall it in all in one toolbox because in phone in setting under manage apps there isn't an option to remove. Id post screenshoots of it but I dont know how to do it here on forum
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

@golfdriver97 why do you think.this would help? My battery is holding the same since I got this phone so im not thinking any update caused it if you meant that?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Heres all screenshoots of it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1u1v9var3n59c2/AADgV5DzKd1bZW4vw4ZfFho0a
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I saw people saying at the other forum itsthis;

It is a core service that comes on some newer Android phones from some providers, but not all, and that it is designed to speed things up and handle secure read and writes. It helps keep rogue apps from accessing personal data in the phone. It has access to about everything along with a couple of other service processes. It came on my Galaxy S3. Other configurations of the SIII handle this in other ways. It doesn't have much effect on battery life on the Galaxy. It is best to not disable it if it is on there and don't worry about it if it is not.

And that it eats them 13% usually. But mine takes 20% and battery draining too fast for my logic. It means if I unninstall sth can go wrong with my phone? I dont get it why theres disable option greyed out tho

Global Posts
    21,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

@golfdriver97 why do you think.this would help? My battery is holding the same since I got this phone so im not thinking any update caused it if you meant that?
    If you clear the systems cache it might help by clearing out data that may be either corrupted or the OS no longer needs.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I do that like in that article? But this wont clear this process. So I need to know if I can unninstall it

Global Posts
    21,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I do that like in that article? But this wont clear this process. So I need to know if I can unninstall it
    If it is a system app, without root access you can't. The cache clear will probably help with the battery drain though.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

But I can. In one in all toolbox I see unninstall option next to it. It means it can be removed then without harm if I see that option without being rooted?

Global Posts
    21,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I am not so sure it should be removed. I would take a chance, back everything up and do a reset.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I don't know why it eats so much. yesterday i unnistaled battery doctor and installed back juice defender as i had before. i got from 12hr (usually moderate use) to today 22h 30minutes. I dont know if that helped or not, because i also disabled many preinstalled apps. i had 5.30hr screen time with that. but i still think thats too little compared to other people having it hold 1 full or 1.5-2 days

Global Posts
    21,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Cell signal strength has a lot to do with that.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline

So has anyone tried uninstalling this service yet? Because I REALLY want to. but not without knowing if its a bad plan.