Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's the news on 4.4.3 KitKat?

I'm starting to see threads that mention 4.4.3 Kitkat and some bugs people have encountered with it.
    I found one thread that has a link to only unoffical details of what 4.4.3 does.

Come on Google, get the finger out and give us all offical news!! I NEED deffinative information before i even think about taking the "update"!!

After the i took the "upgrade" from 4.3 to 4.4 i am totaly and big time unhappy ( as i've mentioned before on these boards ) with the Android operating system and if i could afford to change away from Android i would.
    I've turned OFF the auto-update feature and the ONLY way i will take the 4.4.3 "update" is if they sort out the SD access thing and let me read / write / delete and modify MY FILES on the SD card!!!

otherwise they can take their "bug fixes" and "security updates" and stick 'em.

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts

Default Re: What's the news on 4.4.3 KitKat?

Quoted from "http://bgr.com/2014/03/31/android-4-4-3-kitkat-update-changelog/"

The unofficial Android 4.4.3 changelog follows below:

• frequent data connection dropout fix
    • mm-qcamera-daemon crash and optimization fixes
    • camera focus in regular and HDR modes fixes
    • Power Manager display wakelock fix
    • multiple Bluetooth fixes
    • fix for a random reboot
    • app shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update
    • USB debugging security fix
    • app shortcuts security fix
    • Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
    • other camera fixes
    • MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts, DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes
    • stuck in activation screen fix
    • missed call LED fix
    • subtitle fixes
    • data usage graph fix
    • Internet telephony fix
    • FCC compliance fix
    • miscellaneous fixes

I've heard that some people are getting irritated with the dialer changes. I read that they changed the dialer so its very hard to look at easily, and also the contacts have been made into tiles instead of a list. Lord only knows what will happen with the S5.

I'm neutral on the new Dialer, but I do like the minor update to People. Those are the only significant user-facing changes that I'm aware of. People always report bugs with updates, but they're usually the loud minority. If there was anything serious and widespread, we'd have heard of it by now.

And no, they haven't changed SD permissions back to the way they used to be.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't noticed any bugs with 4.4.2 so little to no point in taking the 4.4.3 "update" then? Thanks folks.

Thats a healthy changelog of fixes! Makes me wonder why carriers are insisting on pushing 4.4.2 out now instead of waiting a little longer for 4.4.3.