Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Menus launching automatically

This past weekend my S4 started launching menus on it's own - the main setting menu on the home screen, the settings menu for whatever app was opened, etc. It's happened before, but never to this degree. This was non-stop over the course of days, and a complete device reset and reload didn't help. The problem was worst when I was in a crowded convention center (I'm sure I was fighting for bandwidth and constantly switching between mobile and wifi). But it would also happen when the device was connected via wifi.

The last time it happened I think I had to clear the wifi cache or something similar, but I can't seem to find the forum I saw that fix on. I think it might have been a Verizon discussion board for a different phone. The research I've done since the weekend showed that menus automatically launching was a known issue with the S2 (https://community.sprint.com/baw/thr...t=120&tstart=0) and related to a screen issue. Searching here didn't return any results. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with an S4.

Any suggestions for a fix are welcome. I'm running KitKat on Sprint S4, stock and completely up to date.

Thanks.

Default Re: Menus launching automatically

Strange issue! Try clearing the system cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Re: Menus launching automatically

Thanks, B. I think those were the instructions I was looking for.

The problem was so weird because it was so predictable. As soon as I stepped into the Columbus Convention Center, the phone went haywire. When I left the Convention Center, I was fine. It only happened again when I dropped under two bars, which didn't happen more than once or twice because I had a decent signal. And it would do this with wifi, always allow scanning, and auto network switching turned off.