Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Smoother animations?

Is there a way to make UI animations smoother? Specifically while opening folders (google now launcher) there's an annoying jerkiness that happens when I tap on the folder.

Default Re: Smoother animations?

You could try playing around with the animation settings in the Developer Settings. To activate the settings, go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times. Then go back to the main settings menu, and tap Developer Settings. Turn the main switch on at the top of the screen, and then try different animation settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have tried that, but the jerkiness persists unless the animation is very slow, but just slows other parts down.

How about trying alternative launchers like Nova? The performance might be a little better.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nova, apex, and GEL seem slightly similar in performance. I should probably just wait for the next iteration of android. It should bring performance enhancements