Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Maps/Nav - Anyway to turn off auto-reroute based on traffic?

I've searched and searched and have read that this is possible, but I don't know how. Does anybody else know?

I don't want Google Navigation to reroute my path because there's traffic. When I'm traveling long distances, I want to stay on the high way, for example.

Keep in mind, I still want Google Navigation to reroute if I take a wrong turn like any other GPS system... just don't want it auto rerouting because it detects traffic ahead.

Any help?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Google Navigation: How do I turn off Auto Re-route based on traffic?

I don't want Google Navigation to reroute my path because there's traffic. When I'm traveling long distances, I want to stay on the high way, for example.

I still want Google Navigation to reroute if I take a wrong turn like any other GPS system though, but just don't want it auto rerouting because it detects traffic ahead.

Can anyone help, please? Thanks.

Global Posts
    5,803 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Google Navigation: How do I turn off Auto Re-route based on traffic?

Simply ignore the turn off the highway. When you've passed it, Maps will reroute back to the highway. (It'll keep routing you off at every exit until you pass the traffic jam. Just keep ignoring it.)

That's how GPS navigation software works. Maps does it, Mapquest does it, Magellan does it, etc., etc. (Magellan gives you a "reroute.don't reroute" choice, but if you don't press the don't button, it reroutes you.)