Google Maps/Nav - Anyway to turn off auto-reroute based on traffic?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've searched and searched and have read that this is possible, but I don't know how. Does anybody else know?

I don't want Google Navigation to reroute my path because there's traffic. When I'm traveling long distances, I want to stay on the high way, for example.

Keep in mind, I still want Google Navigation to reroute if I take a wrong turn like any other GPS system... just don't want it auto rerouting because it detects traffic ahead.

Any help?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Google Navigation: How do I turn off Auto Re-route based on traffic?

I don't want Google Navigation to reroute my path because there's traffic. When I'm traveling long distances, I want to stay on the high way, for example.

I still want Google Navigation to reroute if I take a wrong turn like any other GPS system though, but just don't want it auto rerouting because it detects traffic ahead.

Can anyone help, please? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Navigation: How do I turn off Auto Re-route based on traffic?

Simply ignore the turn off the highway. When you've passed it, Maps will reroute back to the highway. (It'll keep routing you off at every exit until you pass the traffic jam. Just keep ignoring it.)

That's how GPS navigation software works. Maps does it, Mapquest does it, Magellan does it, etc., etc. (Magellan gives you a "reroute.don't reroute" choice, but if you don't press the don't button, it reroutes you.)

AnonYMouse3

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
No. It is not that simple. You have to already know where you are going to do that. I want it to stop automatically rerouting and instead tell me how to get back to my previously selected route. It is ridiculous that there is no option to do this. Today I got stuck in a VERY bad section of town simply because my entrance to my chosen route was blocked. Instead of telling me to turn around another block to get back, it REROUTED through a very dangerous part of town. How stupid to not have an option to turn that off.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon