Very slow internet access: Galaxy Note Pro (Kitkat 4.4.2)

casey0999

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello-
Experiencing very slow access to the internet with this new device, which just got. It takes 4-5 seconds after I type a web site address before the results start appearing.

Have run speedtest.net and all is well with Very fast up/down times and fast ping times. There do not appear to be other applications (Dropbox, Evernote, etc) running up or downloads.

A laptop (and also my Galaxy S3) do not have these delays and are much faster.

Would appreciate anyone's approach to troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks

casey0999

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I've read through that page, and most of those issues would negatively affect speedtest.net results, which show excellent results. Right now, I'm on the track of a possible DNS issue.

Thanks again...

casey0999

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
RESOLVED: Very slow internet access: Galaxy Note Pro (Kitkat 4.4.2)

Just a followup to say that I've found a problem in the DNS setup within my router.

Fixing this to make sure that all DNS addresses are working and fast solved the problem, and now the Note is accessing the internet at rapid speeds.

I was helped out by the Windows program called DNSBench by Gibson Research which led me to discover that one of the DNS addresses on my router was not responding. Windows lets you override these in your network adapter. Android? Not so easy, and I couldn't get any of the Fixed DNS android apps to work. Anyway, once I discovered and fixed the root problem in my Cisco router, all was well.

Thanks to all...

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: RESOLVED: Very slow internet access: Galaxy Note Pro (Kitkat 4.4.2)

Excellent! Thanks for your detailed solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance