Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4.4.

Just received OTA 4.4.4. update, Nexus 5. Only got the 4.4.3. a few weeks ago. One of the advantages if owning a Google device, you get updates first. Am UK user.

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: 4.4.4.

Of owning.

Cool. I haven't gotten it yet. I'm sure I will soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So why wouldn't they change to a version without the vulnerability instead of just turning off heartbeat behavior? The app is the McAfee Heartbleed scanner.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

I got the 4.4.4 OTA on both my N4 and N5. N5 runs good and N4 is rebooting right now. I hope it fixes the camera issues and reboots on the N4. The N5 was fine before.
    Rooted both with WugFresh. No hassles at all.
    Fox
    Living in Puerto Vallarta with my wife and our 5 Kids, Atrix 4G, N4, N5, N7, N10 and a recently adopted MK908B.
    www.romamexico.com

I got it on my Nexus 7. I was hoping this would be the change from Dalvic to ART that I read was coming in the next release. I think it's just some patches and security fixes to clean up the changes from 4.4.3. ART probable won't be the default runtime until android 5.0.

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

Still waiting on 4.4.3 on the S5. Holy crap, I haven't checked this phone for heart bleed issues yet. This thread reminded me.

Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.

Oh just great Verizon crammed the 4.4.2 down our throat to do it, declined it for 2 months then it forced it on me, Verizon is usually last to get the OTA. Now what? Same thing when I ran McAfee checker. I guess if Heartbleed is disabled l'm OK or what? Safe?

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

Usually. You should be fine if heart beats are disabled. But people can hack anything at anytime (not literally everything but ya know). As long as you're keeping to legit content and apps then consider yourself safe unless it's out of your hands. Make sure you have a good virus program.

Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by troshs View Post
    Usually. You should be fine if heart beats are disabled. But people can hack anything at anytime (not literally everything but ya know). As long as you're keeping to legit content and apps then consider yourself safe unless it's out of your hands. Make sure you have a good virus program.
    Thanks you. 😊

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

Very welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk