google now not working anymore, can't connect to network

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi
i got this issue simultaneously on my N5 and N7, both on 4.4.4
i received a google search update yesterday, and since google now doesn't work. it won't connect to network.
i tried removing and adding back my account... not working.
i then even wiped partition cache and did a full reset, but then again google now won't launch, and it tells me "can't connect o network"...

am i the only one experiencing this issue?

PS i did nothing between yesterday and todya, all my devices are stock, no root nothing. and it happened simultaneously on both my devices after the google search update....

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi
i received a google search update yesterday, and since google now doesn't work. it won't connect to network.
i then even wiped partition cache and did a full reset, but then again google now won't launch, and it tells me "can't connect o network"...

PS i did nothing between yesterday and todya, all my devices are stock, no root nothing. and it happened simultaneously on both my devices after the google search update....

I'm having the same exact issue on my note 3 and Nexus 7 . I've tried uninstalling from titanium backup, sideloading it, wipe data and cache. Still get network error

frank corrigan

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi

elissa penn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!! Me too!! KitKat and Google DO NOT PLAY WELL WITH EACH OTHER. I have a Motorola Verizon Android RAZR and trying to contact Verizon got me absolutely nowhere..... Finally spoke to someone @ Motorola who told me. "The KitKat program can't be removed". My phone has turned into a p.o.s. and now I need an app to access a URL so I can look things up! I hate this phone and nobody will do anything!, Lousy, nonexistent, why bother, tired of talking to robots, crappie customer Service!!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The Google Search update broke the "OK Google" hotword detection for me, but other than that Google Now still seems to work fine.

Tim Menzel

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on Nexus 5 (KitKat) and Nexus 9 (Lollipop).

On WiFi, Google Now won't update, it says "no connection". If I turn off the WiFi, it updates fine (over 3G).

The WiFi obviously works though, Play Store and Chrome and several games all connect over it without difficulty.

Tim Menzel

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
FIXED (but it enabled the persistent Google Search bar on my homescreen. I'm going to resort to Nova Launcher to fix that).

Settings -> Apps -> Google Search -> Uninstall Updates.

Then it's fine to install the updates when it prompts you for them. Apparently there was just a bad update sometime in the last couple days?

Tim Menzel

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
FIXED (but it enabled the persistent Google Search bar on my homescreen. I'm going to resort to Nova Launcher to fix that).

Settings -> Apps -> Google Search -> Uninstall Updates.

Then it's fine to install the updates when it prompts you for them. Apparently there was just a bad update sometime in the last couple days?

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried clearing caches, rebooting, nothing worked until I went into Settings > More > Cellular Networks and turned data roaming on, now it works perfectly. Just a quick tip in case anyone else is ramming their head against a wall like I was.

Tammie Cowan

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm having same issue with Moto G 2nd Generation! Lollipop 5.1.2, my Google search bar does nothing at all! My Google Now, does nothing mostly, and every now and then has a card come up that says "Google Now can not be reached", I've tried uninstalling updates, cleared cache, force stop!!!??! I don't know what to do, I still have Chrome I can search on but it's just like an app I have to click on it and wait to load! I want to be able to say "OK Google" and it search!? I got used to that lol, Google Now used to tell me about weather, and traffic to work and now it does nothing!!! Please help, it's been 2 weeks!!!