Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S5 - Deleted emails not deleting!

Love my new S5 but ...

My deleted emails (pop) keep coming back. I've got it set to delete from server so that's all set correctly with pop and it still won't delete.

When I resynch the deleted emails I just deleted reappear again. Very annoying indeed. Anyone got a fix for it? It is so annoying when you get loads of emails every day.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung S5 - Deleted emails not deleting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmr674 View Post
    Love my new S5 but ...

My deleted emails (pop) keep coming back. I've got it set to delete from server so that's all set correctly with pop and it still won't delete.

When I resynch the deleted emails I just deleted reappear again. Very annoying indeed. Anyone got a fix for it? It is so annoying when you get loads of emails every day.
    Well, get back to the settings>choose the account>Incoming Settings>delete email from server> tab the option when I delete emails from my inbox, once done save the settings exit. All done now the deleted emails will not keep coming back. Let me know if that works out for you !!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yep I already have the delete from server box checked. All settings are spot on. Seems there are others with the same problem too. My s3 with the same settings worked perfectly. Thre s5 does not ....

Assuming the account settings are correct to ‘delete from server’, I found that ONLY by SWIPING the email(s) into Deleted Status followed by a ‘Refresh’ would actually delete emails from my server.
    ...good luck
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Please fix it Samsung! The native app periodically stops checking some email accounts too when you have more than one account.