Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Is the sound quality good?

Hello,

I'm new to Android, currently rocking a Nokia 710 with W7.5. I'm thinking about getting the Moto E; feel free to recommend anything else in it's price range.

One concern I have is sound quality, particularly with Audio files/streaming such as podcast and music. I understand streaming audio is compressed. This isn't the concern, but rather are there any noise interference or other issues I should be aware of? Particularly with Bluetooth... I understand the Moto E is Bluetooth version 4.0.

Default Re: Is the sound quality good?

I suggest that you ask in the Moto E forum. You're more likely to be noticed by someone who actually has one there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I've read complaints about Android audio quality issues in the car, so that is why I posted here I guess.

I don't have a car, but I use Bluetooth headphones and they work about as well as I'd expect for Bluetooth audio: certainly not fit for a true audiophile, but very nice nonetheless. I've used them with a Nexus S and a Nexus 4.

You really should ask someone with a Moto E, though. Asking if Android has good Bluetooth is like asking if restaurants have good food: you can usually count on some minimum standard, but each one is different.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I went ahead and purchased it anyway, so I guess I will find out. I wanted to get the Nokia 635, but I don't want to wait for it to launch.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Never mind, just started to switch back to Gmail but I honestly can't stand it. I'm staying with Outlook.com and purchased a Nokia 521 at Walmart site-to-store, picking it up tonight.

I miss the old Google.