| || |
Notifications for any app repeating every 5mins!! Please help!
I'll try to explain this as well as I can, I've already trawled through forums and can't find anyone with the same problem.
Up until last week my Galaxy S4 (4.4.2) was running fine with no problems. Now all of a sudden my notifications are screwed.
Here is an example of what happens, hopefully this can explain what is going on:
1. Received message from WhatsApp and appears in my notification bar (I do not clear it out). Ringtone sounds/vibrate and is set to a custom one from within the app (original iOS Glass tone).
2. Notification appears from RealRacing3 in the notification bar, no sounds/vibrations are set so just sits there
3. Exactly 5min after my WhatsApp message arrived, I get another sound notification, this time the sound is my default text message ringtone.
4. Exactly 5min after my RealRacing3 message arrived, i get another sound notification, this time the sound is my default text message ringtone even though the original notification had no sound set when it first arrived.
5. From then on, every 5 mins (to the second) I get a text message sound notification UNTIL I clear/acknowledge them from the bar.
Very very annoying! I've gone through all settings on the phone and cannot find anywhere to turn it off.
There is the setting under Settings > Sounds > Message > Message alert repetition and is set to Once. However this is specifically for text messages and doesn't affect general notifications from other apps.
Hope someone can help me figure this out as I've had to force my phone in to silent mode permanently until its fixed.