Galaxy S# L710 stuck in endless "gapps has stopped" loop

PascLeRasc

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having problems with my Samsung Galaxy S3 (L710, Sprint). I updated it to Android 4.4.2, which disabled the ability for the phone to write to the card (KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central). This meant that several apps, including Spotify, Swiftkey, and the camera, were all unusable, as they all defaulted to SD storage.

To fix this issue, multiple forums and sites recommended downloading an app called SDFix(https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=nextapp.sdfix&hl=en&token=cUyKJVVQ). The rooting process took several hours and required a system reset afterwards, but it is rooted now. Apps such as Root Checker (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en&token=0NKn4rK6) said that the phone was rooted properly, but the SDFix did not work.

The next step I took was to try to flash an older 4.3 ROM to the phone, as it would still have SD capability. I wiped the cache as well as the Dalvik, but the installation of several roms, both stock and CM, have failed with the error:
Assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader"? == "l710vpbLj7"...
repeated for about six other file names, which I think are different bootloaders.

Now when I turn the phone on, it looks like it has been reset, but I get the notification "unfortunately, com.google.process.gapps has stopped", which appears again immediately after closing the first one. It is an endless loop and I cannot do anything in the phone. Is there any way you are able to help me?

Thank you.

EDIT: Galaxy S3, not S#

Last edited:

storageman

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I have 4.4.2 on my SIII, and I write/read from my SD card all of the time. I move data to it via AirDroid, and retrieve it. No problems. The deal is SD cards that are equal too or greater than 32gb. These cards require a different File access system. FAT or FAT32 will work as long as its formatted under 32gb. If you have a 64gb card and format it for FAT32 (only 16gb) it will work. If you need more space, you need to use NTFS and that is where the rub is. I don't think 4.4.2 supports NTFS. Jelly bean did support it, but once in a while it had a problem. SO with that,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante