Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot clear cache

Hello all. I finally got my first smartphone, a Samsung Nexus S 4G. I think it has Android 4.4. The issue I'm having is that I don't know how to clear the cache or storage. I get errors when trying to install apps on the Play store. I tried 2 cleaner apps. Didn't free up much space. I'm using up about 90%, even though I don't think my apps are using that much space. Anyway, I was messing around with google settings as well, and now my wifi signal is white instead of blue. (although it's now blue again for now). I can access the internet and the google apps. I hope someone can help me free up the space or clear the cache.

Default Re: Cannot clear cache

Head over to Settings--Application Manager. select you app,scroll down,you will find the cache option.Hit 'Clear cache' !
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If you mean by clearing the cache of each app- i've looked at them already. the "clear cache" button is either greyed out or really small like 1k. But I have further cleared the cache of some of them, and I've gotten it down to 85%. I don't even have more than about 12-15 games and 8 or 9 apps that i downloaded, they aren't large. Only 150mb free but at least now I can download and install apps again, thank you.

Do you have an SD card in your phone? Maybe make sure all your pictures and videos are moved onto there?

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts

If you have 4.4 there is another option to clear the cache. Go to Settings/Storage and scroll down to Cached data. It will calculate the buildup. You can then tap that box. An option will come up to clear the cache. This does a great job, so that you don't have to individually clear each app.