Factory reset but apps aren't coming back

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I factory-restored my Galaxy S5 and during setup, I logged into my Google account and connected to Wi-Fi.

When I got to the home screen, I left my phone for two hours but when I came back, non of my apps were installed.

Why not?

I had them set to back up with Google in Settings for months before I factory-restored earlier today.

Seems I can't put my trust in Google's "Back up my data".

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I factory-restored my Galaxy S5 and during setup, I logged into my Google account and connected to Wi-Fi.

When I got to the home screen, I left my phone for two hours but when I came back, non of my apps were installed.

Why not?

I had them set to back up with Google in Settings for months before I factory-restored earlier today.

Try opening google play...

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Why not?

Go into setting -> backup & reset -> you should see a check box with automatically restore apps .

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
If you stop it by accident, it doesn't start back.

Sent from my "no longer 120° or battery guzzling" Sprint Galaxy Nexus, thanks to help from the AC forum