- 1 Posts
Bluetooth phone vs media profile? help
So I have a Bluetooth speaker/mic jambox thing. On my nexus 10 4.2.2 it would register as both a phone headset AND a media device. The phone headset profile allows the mic to work. On my moto g phone 4.2.2 it does the same. My Acer 810 tablet with 4.1 would only register as a media not a phone or headset (no mic). Now all three of my devices are up to 4.4 and I hoped that would fix the Acer but it hasn't. I've tried impairing and repairing but no luck. How can I force my Acer to pair as a phone headset with this speaker? My intention is to use it for Skype. I thought for sure it was because of jelly bean but now that its updated still saame problem. Can't be the speaker because it works fine with the other two devices. Thanks.
- 07-19-2014, 07:13 PM #2
Re: Bluetooth phone vs media profile? help
Welcome to Android Central! The Acer tablet probably just doesn't support the Bluetooth protocol for headsets with mics, since as a wifi tablet, it was never really intended for voice calls. Not sure if there is any hack for this--you might want to search XDA for it.
- By eyeoutthere in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2014, 11:57 PM
- By CBrown1516 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2014, 08:38 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2014, 05:52 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2014, 05:47 PM
- By Jamie Porter in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2014, 05:43 PM