Long pressing home screen only brings up Wallpaper option?

djinn415

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I own the Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition with Kit Kat 4.4.4. I am trying to rearrange the panels around and everywhere I look it states to long press on an empty area on the home screen to bring up the option to rearrange the panels, yet I only get the option to change the wallpaper. Is this new?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I own the Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition with Kit Kat 4.4.4. I am trying to rearrange the panels around and everywhere I look it states to long press on an empty area on the home screen to bring up the option to rearrange the panels, yet I only get the option to change the wallpaper. Is this new?

If you got a GPE, that should be running the Google Now Launcher.... your screens should 'pop out' and you should be able to drag them to re-order them. You should also have three choices; widgets, wallpapers and settings when you long-press the screen.

What do you see?

djinn415

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes its a Google Play Edition. I do not have those three options when I long press the screen, instead just options for Wallpaper. I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure this out.

djinn415

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Interestingly enough, empty panels exists even if all the icons are gone and I dont see the dedicated Google Now panel on the far right.

cheesaw

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this very same issue. Very frustrating! A long press on the background brings up only a "Choose wallpaper from..." list. I've only got two screens with icons on them and 4 others that are blank. Would be nice if I could remove them.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Try using Nova launcher. There is a free version to start with. You are not going to regret it.

Posted via Android Central App