Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Long pressing home screen only brings up Wallpaper option?

Hello,

I own the Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition with Kit Kat 4.4.4. I am trying to rearrange the panels around and everywhere I look it states to long press on an empty area on the home screen to bring up the option to rearrange the panels, yet I only get the option to change the wallpaper. Is this new?

Default Re: Long pressing home screen only brings up Wallpaper option?

Quote Originally Posted by djinn415 View Post
    Hello,

I own the Sony Z Ultra Google Play edition with Kit Kat 4.4.4. I am trying to rearrange the panels around and everywhere I look it states to long press on an empty area on the home screen to bring up the option to rearrange the panels, yet I only get the option to change the wallpaper. Is this new?
    If you got a GPE, that should be running the Google Now Launcher.... your screens should 'pop out' and you should be able to drag them to re-order them. You should also have three choices; widgets, wallpapers and settings when you long-press the screen.

What do you see?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes its a Google Play Edition. I do not have those three options when I long press the screen, instead just options for Wallpaper. I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure this out.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Interestingly enough, empty panels exists even if all the icons are gone and I dont see the dedicated Google Now panel on the far right.

I'm having this very same issue. Very frustrating! A long press on the background brings up only a "Choose wallpaper from..." list. I've only got two screens with icons on them and 4 others that are blank. Would be nice if I could remove them.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe

Try using Nova launcher. There is a free version to start with. You are not going to regret it.

Posted via Android Central App