Nanny Nag Go Away

dv8info

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still getting this Unsafe volume warning/nanny-nag. I first saw this issue posted on these forums in 2012, and STILL Google IGNORES their users! And for me this is not because of an old OS or proprietary phone software because this is a Nexus 5! I'm not interested in modding my phone, a factor in why I chose a Nexus. And as for "safety" - it is still confusing when I plug it in the car and expect it to work, whether it is the car stereo source or some problem with the stereo or the fact that Android has locked my volume down again - the safety issue for me is will this cause an accident!? I'm surprised Google isn't facing any lawsuits for something along these lines. I find the prospect of a driverless car produced by this company extremely disturbing. And I find this annoying piece of unusabilty increasingly frustrating and infuriating. Shame on you Google-Android.

nannynag.jpg

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes. Sorry. How do we fix this without rooting? Or, why doesn't Google sort this out?

On my galaxy s5 I get that too its extremely annoying but I don't think there's anyway to fix this without rooting not ever skin has this problem though

Posted via Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, this is one of the most obnoxious features ever. LMAO @ calling it a "nanny nag!" That's hilarious.

I did find a way to disable that pop up but it reset after you restarted or shut down the phone. I think it was the "automatically adjust volume on each track" setting. Smart volume I think it's called.

I hate that **** though. It would be one thing if the volume just set to a lower setting when you plugged headphones into it but no, that's not enough. It has to bombard you with this annoying message. It's almost worth rooting just to get rid of this dumb thing. It's not like listening to the music for 1 second at maximum is going to blow your ear drums. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34