Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Smartphone Newbie (Dumb is more like it) Lol

I just got my first smartphone, LG Optimus Fuel (straight talk) and I have tried setting different Notification sounds for some of my contacts using
    Zedge and it always saves them as a ringtone, even though it was a notification sound. Can you set different "text" tones for each contact on this
    phone? I saw one thread where person said to open the contact and edit and scroll down to " +add new field" and notification would be there, well it's not there on my phone, options it gives are: Organization, IM, Notes, Nickname, Website, Events, and Relationship. My old phone was able to do this and it wasn't even a smartphone haha.

Also it came with a built in SD card I think for music and pics, how do I get them over there? I try to google stuff to figure it out on my own but some things just have me baffled! Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Smartphone Newbie (Dumb is more like it) Lol

Welcome to Android Central! I can't answer the notification question, but in regards to the SD question--do you mean it came with an external microSD card already inserted, or are you referring to the part of the onboard Internal Storage that is designated "Internal SD" (which is nonremovable)? See this guide for more info: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings

To move files around, you can either plug it into your computer using a USB cord, or use a file manager app like ES File Explorer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

having a hard time replying to this!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It won't let my reply with Quote

Anyway thanks, it is the inserted microSD card, seems like something is already on there and not sure how it got there. I drug some songs over via USB cord into my ringtone folder, could that be what is showing on the SD card? Feeling real stupid with this phone but I guess I will get it. Thanks for your help. That notification tone is getting me frustrated hahaha

If you're completely new to Android, check out this guide: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014)

Posted via Android Central App