Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default photo geolocation problem (new to android)

Hi, i am new to android, used every other platform except android. just a week and loving it so far. So apologize if this is obvious. so let me explain, i want the photo location to be on because i want to map them. I have G+ autobackup on and everytime i click, it uploads to g+ which is perfect. For certain pictures i dont want the location. So i go into g+ and open the photo, in photo details i click hide location. It gives a popup saying photo location successfully hidden. all good till here.

On the Phone
    i go into google play photos and check the details of the photo, i see that the location is gone. When i go into gallery and check the details of the same photo, i still have the location EXIF data in it! how come?

let me explain that these photos are from my previous nexus so they are not stored in my camera folder, but in the autobackup folder synced from g+ so why is it that g+ said hidden location. and hidden successfully, google photos on my nexus doesnt see the location but gallery still sees the location? something is going wrong here right?

please help.

Thanks

Default Re: photo geolocation problem (new to android)

It may be that the "Hide Location" option in Photos simply stops Google+ from showing locations in a post, rather than actually hiding or erasing the EXIF geolocation data.