Widget to search device and the Internet

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a widget that will work the way spotlight search works on the iPhone. I want to be able to search my phone for apps, documents, music, pictures and videos. Search should also expand to the Internet and also the Google play store. Any suggestions?

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I guess Google search is ok. I would just prefer if it displayed local results first. I think it has to do with Apple's lawsuit a couple of years ago, about universal search.
I have also found Aurora and Vtap quick search.
I think I just have to get used to the Android way more. The many iPhone years are difficult to forget and I keep trying to make things work like on iOS. That is wrong, so I will try to avoid that in the future :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I guess Google search is ok. I would just prefer if it displayed local results first. I think it has to do with Apple's lawsuit a couple of years ago, about universal search.
I have also found Aurora and Vtap quick search.
I think I just have to get used to the Android way more. The many iPhone years are difficult to forget and I keep trying to make things work like on iOS. That is wrong, so I will try to avoid that in the future :)

Posted via the Android Central App

I think you are right about the litigation and Google search results. However, if you put with your search 'near me' that does do a better job at filtering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz