Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Widget to search device and the Internet

I am looking for a widget that will work the way spotlight search works on the iPhone. I want to be able to search my phone for apps, documents, music, pictures and videos. Search should also expand to the Internet and also the Google play store. Any suggestions?
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Widget to search device and the Internet

I guess Google search is ok. I would just prefer if it displayed local results first. I think it has to do with Apple's lawsuit a couple of years ago, about universal search.
    I have also found Aurora and Vtap quick search.
    I think I just have to get used to the Android way more. The many iPhone years are difficult to forget and I keep trying to make things work like on iOS. That is wrong, so I will try to avoid that in the future

Posted via the Android Central App
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray

Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Widget to search device and the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by petvas72 View Post
    I guess Google search is ok. I would just prefer if it displayed local results first. I think it has to do with Apple's lawsuit a couple of years ago, about universal search.
    I have also found Aurora and Vtap quick search.
    I think I just have to get used to the Android way more. The many iPhone years are difficult to forget and I keep trying to make things work like on iOS. That is wrong, so I will try to avoid that in the future

Posted via the Android Central App
    I think you are right about the litigation and Google search results. However, if you put with your search 'near me' that does do a better job at filtering.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here